Sunday, February 18, 2007

Today's funny

Just a week after Alaska Rep. Don Young used a fabricated President Lincoln quote during the Iraq escalation debate on the House floor, Cannonfire blog has found more newfound Lincoln quotes, (warning, a few are tasteless) including:

"They fired on Fort Sumter? Invade Canada!"
- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

"The Log Cabin Republicans give me a bad name."
-Abraham Lincoln

"The Confederates will greet us with magnolia blossoms and pralines."
-A. Lincoln

"Four score and...uh, er...........won't get fooled again."
-A. Lincoln, date uncertain

"The real reason I started the Civil War was that I had issues about my father."
- A. Lincoln

"Pull my finger."
- A. Lincoln, Second Inaugural

Meanwhile, David Swanson, co-founder of the AfterDowningStreet.org coalition, reminds us what Lincoln really did say, and when, in a Truthout article.

1 comment:

Danny L. McDaniel said...

You are correct. Those quotes weren not from Honest Abe but from his best friend Jefferson Davis. You can quote me on that!

Danny L. McDaniel
Lafayette, Indiana