Friday, May 18, 2007

Welcome back, Whitman

Now, our other Christie is in the news. Ex-Gov. Christie Whitman cried uncle to Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., and agreed to testify about her time as George Bush's first EPA administrator. I'm glad she had the sense to tell Bush to take his job and shove it, but I wish she had kept the job and still shoved it to him. Successors at the Environmental Protection Agency have been bigger disasters.

911blogger.com has a post on how Whitman came to be persuaded to testify, with a good comment thread already started, but please come back here to comment, too.
I hope she'll be as honest as James Comey was about his time in the DoJ.

Those "right on the dial" might think about the fact that if it weren't for Whitman dutifully telling us for her royal unitary executive that it was safe to breath the air in New York City a week after 9/11, Michael Moore wouldn't have had victims for this new film, "Sicko," premiering tomorrow at Cannes Film Festival. He took rescue and cleanup workers suffering lung ailments from 9/11 to Cuba for a cure. Could it be a little shock and awe for the Bushies?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Sicko but now I will anxiously anticipate Whitman's story too. I'm in Detroit, so she's not someone on my "radar" but I'm glad she's on yours.

I like your blog by the way, found it at the bloggers choice awards nominations website. Good luck there!